Dispensing Yoghurt, Milk, Cream etc.
Keeping dairy safe from bacteria during dispense
It is certainly a challenge when it comes to keeping dairy products safe from bacterial ingress during dispense, but Quantex pumps solve a lot of these issues:
- The pumps are so low cost to manufacture that they typically attach directly to the liquid pack instead of comprising part of the fixed machine. When the product supply is finished, you simply take out the bag and pump and replace it with a new bag, with its new Quantex recyclable pump attached. This means that milk, cream and yoghurt do not travel through the fixed parts of the machine, so no internal cleaning is required, and the product remains sealed from contamination.
- Due to its inherent design, the Quantex pump acts as an instantaneous check valve, which means that it naturally seals the bag during dispense.
- The pumps can reverse cycle at the end of each dispense, in order to suck back in any drips to clean the nozzle.
- It is easy to fit an aseptic valve onto the pump faucet in order to ensure that there is no bacterial contamination back into the dairy product.
- Quantex pumps handle very high viscosities so adding syrups/flavours to milk is easy.
- The pumps can handle hot milk or water at 85°C for hot drinks machines.
Take a look at the video above of our BiB-19 pump dispensing yoghurt through a valve seal against 7psi of pressure applied to the pack of yoghurt. The pump and valve can seal against 8-9psi of instantaneous pressure applied to the pack of yoghurt.
If you are interested in dispensing dairy products, whether it is milk, cream, yoghurt, milkshakes, flavoured milk or hot milk, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pump finder tool
Use the fields below to help you identify which Quantex pump is most suitable for you. Select the maximum target flowrate that is immediately above your requirements.
See our product catalogue for more detailsProduct catalogue